Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Y- FIT - Reality Weight Loss Journey with Cynthea Wight Hausman - Week 3

 photo by Brett Luper

Independence Week:

After my first week of training my second week seemed to fly by so easily.  Before I knew it, it was Thursday and I was doing really well.  My body has adapted quickly and I'm not feeling specifically sore from each training session.  Generally tired but, not in a bad way.  I even seem to have enough energy to push the pace when fellow Y-FITers are less then thrilled about the exercising part.  It's hard to breathe heavy and question at the same time (wink).

Friday was our 3rd of July Celebration here in Burlington and because of my schedule with my former Husband, I had my son this year (he'll have him next year).  I co-sponsored a charity event that I feel very strongly about, many friends were there and it was a beautiful night.  Only slightly marred by an outspoken young man standing directly behind me who could make endless conversation mainly about himself to his lady companion.  Food choices were limited and I picked the least fatty thing I could find.  I allowed myself one cocktail but, it seems every photo that was taken of me that night was while I was holding it!

On the 4th my son and I made our way to Lake Placid for a BBQ festival.  He bounced for 4 hours in the bouncy house and we never did get any BBQ but, there was live music and after our hotel room fell through, we had a very nice sushi dinner and drove home to see the Richmond fireworks and sleep in our own beds.  The other alternative was to take our chances with some Kazakhstan hooligans that had seemed to overrun my friend's Inn while she spent the night in the Hospital.  No thanks.

The next day we took a big hike and went on a fossil finding expedition to Isle LaMotte with great success.  But, after that I have been having horrible flu like symptoms and not feeling like myself.  I missed my workout today and stayed home from work.  As I am self employed - I can count on one hand when I have done that. 

The good news is that I lost a good solid 4 pounds this week for a total of nearly 8 pounds so far, the somewhat bad news is that if I simply maintain that loss for this week I'll consider that success.  Other successes include consistent food log entries and drinking lots of water.  Challenges include social eating and drinking (still working on that one!)

Cynthea Wight Hausman is the owner and operator of Cynthea’s Spa, a petite, urban day spa in the heart of Burlington’s Church Street Marketplace.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I'm seriously feeling inspired over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthea...I'm so proud of you...and inspired!

    ReplyDelete