Monday, June 28, 2010

Y- FIT - Reality Weight Loss Journey with Cynthea Wight Hausman - Week 2

 At Miguel's sponsoring a Singles Party with Seven Days

Hello.  My name is Cynthea.  I'm a 40-something single mom who owns her own business and is overweight.  I’m joining the Summer Y-Fit program with Alexandra Jasinowski to take my own advice and make my health a priority.

Day 1: Insanity . . .
Slept late, had to bring my son to the Dr. (like we do almost every Monday).  15 minutes late.  Good report from the Doc. I am supposed to make it to my first workout with Y-FIT at 10am it is now 10:04 and I still need to drive my son back to daycare and then get downtown to the now waiting Press for our interview and weigh in.  Not going to happen.  Decide to bring my son to the YMCA and luckily there is Member Daycare so he can play there while I give my first interview to FOX 44.  I am nervous.  I do well in front of a camera, must be the years of media training on the US Luge National Team.  I think I do an alright job of explaining why this program will help me and why it’s so important to put yourself at the top of the list.  But, deep inside I am feeling like “FAT” on display.  Hi, I’m Cynthea, I’m fat.  It’s mean.  It’s not fair.  But, that is what my inner self is saying at this very moment.  I recognize the inner talk as unhelpful at best and self sabotage at worst.  But, I am hanging in there and not taking it very seriously. There is a huge shift happening right now.  A great shift but, a not completely comfortable shift. PHEW.

Onto my first workout: I feel great! Cardio on the treadmill was challenging but good.  My whole body hurts from rearranging my entire house over the weekend.  I am one of those people who couldn’t write a college paper if there were any dishes in the sink and I can’t begin to think about a new weight loss program when there is a month of clean laundry on the couch waiting to be put away.  I busted my butt getting my surroundings ready for me to be more efficient in my house work and home management so I could send more time working out and spending fun time with my son.  The cardio helped my muscles actually recover from the weekend.   My homework is to food log (ARGH!) and drink lots of water.

Day 3: I have kept my food log and I am totally pi$$#*!  I drink too much and don’t eat enough during the day.  I am a bit sore and tired but holding up OK.  Many events and lots to do at work have my head spinning a bit but, I can’t over think things.  Today I did walk on my treadmill but, all I could muster was to let the dog out and then get on it in my nightgown and slippers for 30 minutes.  Hey, it’s better then not doing it at all!  Yes, squeezing my self into my jogbra and Lycra shorts was too much for me at 6am.  If I could have had my coffee at the same time it would have been even better!  I also realize that I like to chew.  Chewing makes me very happy.  Maybe it sets off some kind of happy endorphins in my brain.

Day 6: I am in PAIN - but, very proud of myself.  I could barely move today.  I managed to get out and do a bit of yard saleing with my dog.  Then we dropped down to the Burlington Farmers Market and I got a massage (from one of my wonderful staff of course.)  My Golden and I went on a walk and I drank lots of water.  I’m feeling better.  

Day 7: Weigh-in - Down almost 4 pounds! Hooray! Now it's time to sweat some more . . . 


Cynthea Wight Hausman is the owner and operator of Cynthea’s Spa, a petite, urban day spa in the heart of Burlington’s Church Street Marketplace.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job, Cynthia!

    What do you mean by you "drink too much and don't eat enough during the day"?

    Love ya!!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration, girlfriend! (Seriously - I haven't skipped a workout since your first post.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey - I mean I was mad at myself for having three drinks at the event I was hosting and not eating enough actual food. Maybe I was sabotaging myself. But, I still managed to lose weight in spite of it!

    ReplyDelete