Thursday, July 15, 2010

Y- FIT - Reality Weight Loss Journey with Cynthea Wight Hausman - Week 4

With my girlfriends at a summer wedding

Hello.  My name is Cynthea.  I'm a 40-something single mom who owns her own business and is overweight.  I’m joining the Summer Y-FIT program with Alexandra Jasinowski to take my own advice and make my health a priority.

An interesting thing happens when you begin to put yourself higher up on the list of importance . . . LIFE!  Work, family, and a strained interpersonal relationship with a particular person I wish I no longer had to talk to, are part of the fabric of this journey.  Remember when I told you that I am an emotional eater.  Now is a very emotional time.  I am doing a very good job of not over or under eating.  I am doing a great job at keeping up my food log and making good choices.  Losing weight is VERY important to me.  My resolve to take care of myself has been challenged to the core this week.  Sometimes I have to take things in 10 second increments - making choices that take care of me in that 10 seconds.

My goal this week was to maintain my weight loss.  I was sick last week and I'm making my way back into my full training sessions this week.  I did achieve my goal but, I am very motivated to see the scale get lighter.  I hope I'll have a loss to post next week.

Cynthea Wight Hausman is the owner and operator of Cynthea’s Spa, a petite, urban day spa in the heart of Burlington’s Church Street Marketplace.

2 comments:

  1. 10 seconds at a time is good enough for some days, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a rockstar and an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete